Alright, so, at the prompting of Angela and Monica and the meme running around, I need to come up with five random facts about myself to share with all of you fine people in the Tumblrverse.
So, let’s see…
1. I’ve never met anyone else named “Earl.” I’ve seen plenty of ads and cards with a guy named Earl. He’s always a bumbling, backwards, NASCAR watching, pseudo-southerner. And he’s always the butt of the joke. The random fact here being that my life’s mission to single-handedly restore the name “Earl” to its rightful place of dignity and respect has met with some resistance.
2. I started playing guitar at age eight because I wanted to be a professional jazz musician. That has also met with some resistance, namely a lack of musical talent.
3. As a younger man, I was an introverted, non-dancing, hardcore jazzophile, committed bachelor living in southern California. I met my wife in a redneck, country bar that I had been dragged to as a favor for a guy that I didn’t really like all that much. I saw her and asked her to dance. The random fact being that my life’s biggest moments have happened despite my best intentions.
4. Six months later I spontaneously asked her to marry me at a Bill Withers concert. The song he was singing at the time was “Use Me.” The next song he sang was “Lean on Me.” The random fact being I’ve never had the timing to be a Hollywood script writer.
5. Despite living in Texas, I do not own a pair of cowboy boots. The random fact being I have fat, wide Hobbit feet (sans hair, so far).
It’s an honor to have one of my photos posted by Gray Card. Thank you very much. It means a lot to join the inspiring and talented artists selected for your blog.